How to Participate – Registration and More…
Participation is Easy
1. Set an Intention to run, walk or roll and an approximate kilometre goal for yourself (to be done over the 2 week period.)
2. Register, using THIS FORM
3. Enrol sponsors (Check out the Easy Way to Get Sponsors page and print out a sponsorship form.)
4. RUN, WALK or ROLL
>You can walk alone or in “pods” with friends. Set up dates and places if walking with friends. (We provide a private Facebook Group to help facilitate this.)
>While participating, take a picture and post it to Twitter with the hashtag #runwalkroll4peace or email it in to us and it will appear on the main page.
5. Log your kilometers each day you run, walk or roll. (You can use our easy-peasy online form OR track it on the form we provide and then email or text it in at the end of the event. – both options linked from our Participants Toolkit page (Password will be provided when you register.)
6. At the end of the event, contact your sponsors by email, providing them with the link to cash out their pledges. (We provide a sample email for you to copy/paste and customize or use your own on the Participants Toolkit page (Password provided when you register.)
Here is a mock-up our event hat. You can purchase them for $12 each (or $11 each if 5 or more). Consider buying them for your sponsors, friends and family as well as yourself. They are designed not to go out of date!
Right now they are only available to people volunteering to walk or donate. If there are any left over by May 14, we will make them available to anyone. The link will be on this site.
We expect to receive them on or before May 20 and will notify you immediately.